Uniwide Formations
Experts in UK Company Formation
020 4501 0600
Mon–Fri 8:30am–5:30pm
Log in
Log in

Company Dissolution Service

£79 + VAT

Order Now

Understanding Voluntary Company Dissolution

If a limited company is no longer required then the directors may request that it be removed from the Companies House register. This process is known as a "Voluntary Company Dissolution", which is also known as a "company closure", "striking-off" or "winding up". 

Dissolution and liquidation are different processes. Dissolution is a way to close a company which owes no debt. Liquidation, however, involves extracting assets from a company then selling these to realise money and put this toward paying off any outstanding debts. Liquidation can only be entered into with a licensed insolvency practitioner who will oversee the whole process on your behalf. On this page we are dealing only with our company dissolution service.

What the Service Includes:

  • Completing and filing of Form DS01 - Application to strike off a company.
  • Resolution by the Board approving the dissolution of your company.
  • Companies House filing fee included.
  • Continuous use of our Registered Office and Service Address until your company is dissolved i.e. closed down.

Customers who use our Registered Office and Service Address need not renew these services if they are about to expire or have just expired. We will continue to forward all statutory mail throughout the dissolution process.

How does the service work?

  1. After making an order you will receive your Board Resolution template by e-mail within 1-2 working days: Just sign and store it for safekeeping. 
  2. Director(s) invited by e-mail to sign the dissolution application electronically: Just sign and submit. 
  3. We will file the documents at Companies House.
  4. We will inform you by e-mail once the application to dissolve has been accepted.
  5. Companies House will inform you by letter, sent to your registered office, once the company has been dissolved. 

It usually takes Companies House approximately 3 months to close a company.

An application for voluntary striking off can only be made on the company’s behalf by its directors or by a majority of them.

It is recommended that you close your company’s bank account before you apply, since the company’s bank account will be frozen from the date of dissolution. Any credit balance left in the account and other assets will then pass to the Crown. 

Please note: It is the responsibility of a company’s directors to tell all interested parties that an application to close a company has been made!

No company may apply for voluntary strike-off under these circumstances:

  • If it has traded or sold stock in the last 3 months.
  • If it has changed its name in the last 3 months.
  • If it is the subject of legal action.
  • If it is already in, or is about to enter, liquidation.
  • If it has entered into a credit agreement such as a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA).